Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year?



I hope that 2009 has started well for you ~ not so much here.

Let’s see, where was I when I last posted over three weeks ago? Oh yeah, celebrating Christmas, when my biggest concern was whether or not Amazon.com would deliver my packages in time for the holiday.

The New Year delivered surprises of a different nature: medical issues, a family emergency, travel snafus, plumbing problems, and enough snow to complicate all of the above!

I’m not usually one to make New Year's resolutions. They seem pretty pointless when so much in my life is out of control. But something tells me, this year, I'm going to need the discipline of a goal, the daily reminder of a watchword, true resolve!


6 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see you today. Cosmically, I was thinking of you! Difficult when so many things are happening at one time and I hope things are settling down.

    May you find comfort as you wake up your resolve. I have a feeling the watchword is tucked "on the inside." You're a masterful goal-setter. The proof is all around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are back, but sorry to hear about all your troubles. Things will only get better. I am looking forward to seeing more from you in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does it always seem like when it rains it pours . . . . I do hope that things are sorting and organizing into a more manageable rhythm for you *s*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year I was thinking about you the other day and meant to write you a note.
    things only can get better after a few weeks like that for you.
    taking one day at a time is a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a truly lovely quilt but what a start to the New Year, hope things keep getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your doing ok. and here is to a better rest of the year to you.

    ReplyDelete