Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Good Ol’ Sandy Claws



Merry Christmas family and friends! I know you’re busy with gifting and feasting and other revelries of the day, but I'd like to share what’s become a favorite part of my festive season, listening to humorist John Henry Faulk's "Christmas Story." His recollection of a special Christmas encounter has become as much a holiday tradition for me as hanging up stockings and decorating the tree.

What was once an annual National Public Radio broadcast is now available online any time, but try listening to the story while you're still in the Christmas spirit. I’ve lovingly dubbed it “Sandy Claws and the Stripedy Candy” because of Faulk’s rich Texas drawl. That’s why I suggest you listen to the story, rather than read it. The dialect adds to its charm. Hope you find ol’ Sandy Claws as endearing as I do!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Diane
    I've never heard this, so I'll have to look it up.
    xx

    ReplyDelete