Sunday, August 15, 2010

Fiber Therapy


There’s been precious little fabric coming through my door of late. In fact, I can’t remember the last purchase I made. It was probably a cute little charm pack, intended to boost my spirits during a particularly “trying time.“ By that reasoning, I should be smothered with fabric. Times have been very trying lately. But that is the subject for another post… maybe.

Generally, I don’t submit my name for giveaways involving fabric. I’ve got more than I will ever use, and should probably consider giving away portions of my own stash. What made me linger over this post long enough to enter was the enticement of five fat quarters and fifty 3" squares of lovely reproduction fabrics. Wow, no cutting required, just the instant gratification of stroking and sorting, mixing and matching beautiful bits of cloth!

Before I knew it, I had entered the drawing. My comment was completely impulsive and when Vicki from "What a Load of Scrap" (best blog name ever, by the way) announced me as a winner, I felt a bit guilty about my good fortune.


You see, I know several of the other entrants and felt like I’d ripped this fabric right out of their far more capable and deserving hands.


Forgive me friends. I’m in desperate need of a pick-me-up and the pleasure of opening a squishy package filled with patchwork possibilities is just the best feeling around.

Thank you, Vicki, for the fiber therapy!


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have wonderful fabric to pet and rearrange. That to me is as important as anything else in quilting. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fondling fabric is an absolute necessity ... folding, rearranging, then rearranging again . . . enjoy the respite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy the win made your day. Enjoy!!! Wig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so worth it if it makes you happy and smile! If you decide to do something with it and need some help finishing or something let me know. I can help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you Diane~!!~
    i think you deserve it and what a beautiful package to receive.
    i hope things get a bit easier for you soon but in the meantime enjoy those lovely bits~!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    p.s. i'm with Quilts And Pieces; if there's anything that you think i might be able to help with please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you enjoyed the package! Hope it brought you a little sunshine.

    ReplyDelete