Saturday, March 10, 2012

Falling Through the Cracks



We recently had an airing of the quilts here (future post). So many lovely things resurfaced that I have yet to share with you, including last year’s birthday quilt from Barb.



Somehow it had fallen through the cracks. These photos from last February were on my computer, but I never got around to posting them.


2011 was the 150th anniversary of the start of the American Civil War, which Barb commemorated with this little string quilt.


Look closely at the selvages from which the quilt is made. They’re all reproduction and Civil War lines of fabric.


And see what’s on the back? It’s another Civil War print with cartouches of battle scenes. Thanks, Barb, for another treasure!

6 comments:

  1. love the idea of making a small coin quilt using selvedges~!~
    and i'm not surprised that Barb used those particular selvedges as she seems to have a fondness for the historical.
    wonderful little quilt~!!!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this little quilt. Barb did a very good job with the quilting. It's perfect for the scrappy selvedges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Friend!
    I love the setting of this little one with the cannons -
    Hope spring is on it's way to you soon!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little cannons are just the right touch - what a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this grabs my heart and takes my breath away. What a charmer!!! I love it, I love it, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete