Monday, April 18, 2016

Welcome, Spring!


Hello everyone! The weather could not have been nicer today for a visit from my friend Terri. It was beautifully sunny and just warm enough to open the windows 



That's the first thing Terri did when she arrived. As a gentle cross-breeze flowed through the house, we let the sunshine settle on our faces. 



Neither of us could recall the last time we spent together. Was it summer? Fall? At any rate, we talked nonstop over lunch and hardly got a bite in edgewise for all the catching up we had to do.

Before leaving, Terri offered to do a little something for me around the house. I knew she had cleaning in mind, butI had other plans. I asked if she'd arrange the tulips she brought and pair them with a doll quilt in a small table-top display. We settled on this simple nine-patch. It's nothing special, just a few random blocks swapped with friends... 



but look how it sparkles when the sun hits it right! You don't even notice the dust!



Terri, Thanks for a wonderful visit. I'm so glad we got to share this extraordinary weather! XO

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to see a post on your blog this morning. Yes, I think spring is really here. We need some of the spring showers now.

    ReplyDelete