Saturday, September 8, 2018

Scenes of Summer


Hello everyone! How was your summer? Mine was filled with extraordinary moments shared with extraordinary friends, like
Wanda Hanson of Exuberant Color who surprised me with one of her signature batik colorwash quilts. Read more about it HERE. 


Quilting friends brought "show and tell" with their visits. Here's Sheila with her Sunflower quilt and me with Wanda's Zig-Zag.


Jenny shared fresh-picked cherry tomatoes and basil from her garden, and Jean baked a delicious peach cobbler and the best blueberry pie I've ever tasted!


Local troubadour, Bill Glaysher, serenaded me one afternoon. Swoon!


Who helped me make this online purchase? I couldn't resist a few new American Jane fabrics.


I asked my friend, Bev, if she'd read aloud to me. We spent many blissful hours together over books. 



We were invited to a lovely bridal shower hosted by friends for their daughter and son-in-law-to-be. What lured us out on a 97-degree day was the promise of mango mimosas and eight different kinds of cake. It did not disappoint!



Thanks for all the love, my friends. You certainly helped make it a memorable summer! 


5 comments:

  1. Awww... a lovely blogpost and nice new header...So nice when we finally realize that we are enough xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful bunch of wonderful you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "one more gift" is one many of us need to be better about accepting. Like the new header - lovely (!!!) post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a joy to see you and Sheila.
    Isn't Gwen's book beautiful?
    Looking forward to catching up.
    What day/time is good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a joy to have such lovely friends with whom you can share good times like these.

    ReplyDelete