Monday, September 2, 2019

Strawberry Preserves


Hi everyone! Hope you had a great summer. I used the opportunity to pull out an old project and get help finishing it up. It's a small quilt that features a vintage embroidered strawberry. Maybe you remember it from here.



Its ripe berry reds, sunny yellows, calicoes, checks, and polkadots are the essence of summertime, don't you think?



When I showed the quilt to my friend, Ruth, she graciously offered to finish it. 



Just look at her beautiful stitches. She crosshatched through the 2" squares... 



and quilted cables in the daisy-print border. I love how the perle cotton catches the light.



There are strawberries on the back too.

 


I can't think of a better way of "preserving" this vintage berry! 


"Strawberry Preserves"

15” x 17”

machine pieced, hand quilted

2019


5 comments:

  1. I love that recipe and feel lucky to have one of the four quilts.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific recipe for capturing the essence of summertime. I really need to make more little quilts instead of always making lap size versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is so sweet! And perfectly captures the essence of summer...which seems to be slowly slipping from our grasp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post thaanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete