Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I’m Back!


Hello everyone! Bet you didn’t expect to see me again, not after almost two year’s absence from Persnickety Quilts. I’m as surprised as you are. Once I lost my blogging mojo, I didn’t expect to get it back.



During my hiatus, I lost interest in quilting too. Weird, huh, after 35 years. Worse yet, I didn’t even care that my passion had waned. 


I hadn’t stopped creating all together--just changed my focus to a decades old project of collecting, restoring, and archiving family photos. While I was at it, I rejoined ancestry.com and developed several new branches of our family tree.


A few friends have encouraged me to revive my blog and even offered to help. Since photos are my biggest hurdle, Linda will be taking pictures and Sherry will focus more on official quilt portraits. I'm so lucky to have their help and support!


Most of all, I want to assuage any concerns about my health. I’m still here, not necessarily "kicking" but relieved to say my Multiple Sclerosis seems to have slowed its progression. As long as my left hand works, I can use the computer and reconnect with you!


It’s good to be back!


12 comments:

  1. Good Lord Almighty...I was just thinking about you. My mother fell out of her wheelchair and broke her neck in May..dead in a week. And finally I have been able to go through her poetry..ANd, there...sounding just like her..were your great poems....so glad you are still kicking and are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane! I am THRILLED to read your blog and even more thrilled to have reconnected after all these years. Looking forward to your next entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, I am so happy to hear your MS is no longer progressing and that you still have the use of one hand. I hope you will share the "portraits" of your quilts as Sherry takes the photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to find you here today. And happy to know you have found a connection between genealogy research snd documenting your quilts (so many stories in our stitching). One person I heard had even done an oral history for some of her quilts. Love the new header - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Diane, nice to see you. I've lost my blogging mojo and haven't gotten that back yet, but am at least thinking about it. I went through a several month quilting desert myself, but am now sewing again. whew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thrilled to see you. I love your new header. It's so classic and fits you perfectly. It's great to know what you're up to and how you're doing and gosh, I'm just so happy you're here!!! I'm pretty much not blogging these days but now that you're here, who knows? You're darn inspiring that's for sure. Love, *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I still don't have the desire to blog anymore, but the Piecemakers keep me motivated to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to help with my amateur photography skills! Glad I can contribute to your blog! -- Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy to read that you are back.

    ReplyDelete